Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Postcard Ephemera of Historic French and English Ladies. Free to download and print. Use in journals, ATC, Greeting Cards

 Romantic portraits of 18th century ladies. Elegant and well dressed they are most certainly women of leisure in the late 1700's.  These lovely paintings are from antique postcards and prints. If they are paintings of real individuals or just the artist imagination I can not say. The large powdered hair arrangements seem very French and maybe contemporaries of Marie Antoinette. The top two are my favorites.  Hope you enjoyed your visit and please come again.
 Much love to you all, Louise

10 comments:

Clear Crick Cottage said...

I am overwhelmed! Thank you so so so very much Louise! I went back to some of your old posts, and found MANY fantastic pictures, as well. I especially love the beautiful Geisha with mums in her arms and hair! I'm so excited to have these - I also love the sewing pictures.
Can't say thank you enough :)
xoxo
Sherilyn Koss
ClearCrickCottage.blogspot.com

Clear Crick Cottage said...

I am overwhelmed! Thank you so so so very much Louise! I went back to some of your old posts, and found MANY fantastic pictures, as well. I especially love the beautiful Geisha with mums in her arms and hair! I'm so excited to have these - I also love the sewing pictures.
Can't say thank you enough :)
xoxo
Sherilyn Koss
ClearCrickCottage.blogspot.com

Juliet A said...

This is one of the best collections you've posted yet! It makes me want to think of a project just to use them all!

Annette said...

Thanks so much these are beautiful beyond words . Hugs and hugs
Annette

Martina said...

What gorgeous freebies! I'm fascinated! Thank you very very much!

Cynthia Lambert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bumble button said...

My apologies Cynthia. I was trying to remove it temporarily while I looked for more information. Now it seems your comment was deleted

Cynthia Lambert said...

I was saying that the top portrait is Gwendolyn Sinclair - a Canadian woman.

bumble button said...

So glad to hear from you again! I looked for Gwendolyn Sinclair online
and sure enough it is the same portrait. Some sources say she is a fictional character. Whether she is fact or fiction it is still an interesting story!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have an original, unsigned painting of painting number 2 (women in blue dress - 18th century French portrait). Would you happen to know who the artist is and/or the actual name of the painting?