Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The End of my Microsoft Windows XP Computer on April 8th

Update to my computer problem. First thank you for your advice and comments. I am looking into better virus protection and firewall software.  I also have a couple of leads for a used computer. I will keep you posted, Louise

Hi everyone,
Well it looks like I will be without a computer for awhile. After April 8th Microsoft will no longer support my Windows XP. Due to the limitations of my computer I can not switch to the newer version of Windows. In other words I need a new computer. Living without a cell phone has not been a problem because I am always home. After total frustration with the cable TV I let that go. This was one of the best things ever. With Netflix,Hulu etc I find everything I need. Doing without a computer is a whole other situation!! Like most people I rely on it for so much.  A new computer just does not fit into the budget right now.For now I will need to be patent and turn on the radio!

Much Love to all of you, Louise  

3 comments:

Suzan Oxenreider said...

Your computer will continue to work but you won't get updates. Microsoft is going to scare you a little. It's really ok. As long as you have a good virus protector and firewall software, you will be fine. Change your passwords often. Upgrade to a new computer when you can. Just to be safe, I would remove any credit card or bank info.

Annette G said...

Don't understand why you cannot use windows XP, it should still work perfectly even without their support. Annette x

AES said...

Bummer! I'm sorry. I wish it was in my budget to get you one...