Thursday, May 1, 2014

Welcome May! Beautiful Antique P.J. Redoute` Early Botanical Prints of Iris

  Hi everyone! Welcome to you all.

Today is the first of May. A month with mothers day and my birthday. For the last several years one of the places I like to go (after a brunch) is to a local iris farm. Row after row of  all kinds of blooming iris. My mother always had irises in our garden. I came across P.J. Redoute` volumes of botanical prints at my favorite online library I was first introduced to Redoute by a dear friend who was planning a rose garden. She had a book of his work featuring roses. The pictures below are from various volume's dating back to 1806-1812. Be sure and  click for a larger version. Blue is my favorite color so these are all blue. 
I wish that the month of May be full of good things for you!
Much love to you all, Louise


Wendy said...

beautiful prints...thank you for sharing!

marda said...

Love the iris prints. One of my favorite flowers. The little May calendar page is just perfect for May birthdays/Mother's Day cards.