Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Darling Illustrations by Constance Haslewood Victorian Children's Book A Merry Go-Round

Hi Everyone and Welcome. 
Today I have sweet illustrations from the 1888 children's book 'A Merry Go Round'. It was illustrated by Constance Haslewood. This children's book was published 126 years ago!  I love seeing what kids played with back then. Tea parties,dollhouses and of course Christmas have endured. Skipping rope and kite flying are still around. Not so sure about the May Queen. The tradition of a May Queen was not part of my childhood (50 years ago) so I do not know it's history. Sounds like a good topic for a future post!
The pictures in this post are from The Baldwin Library
I hope you are having a wonderful and creative day. 
Much Love, Louise
P.S. Thank you for your kind comments and feedback.

6 comments:

Lou Anne Hazel said...

These are really sweet! Thank you for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty!

peggy gatto said...

Delightful!!!

Unknown said...

These are just beautiful...absolutely love them! Thanks for sharing!

Lyd Stew said...

Stumbled on to your blog, and I was completely captured! I couldn't stop. What a delightful collection. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...



thank you

سعودي اوتو