Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"The Young Lady's Equestrian Manual" 1838 Victorian Era Book Illustrations

Hi everyone! I have the best little book to share with you.
 It was published in 1838. Any horse loving young ladies out there?  


Originally I  turned all the images to black and white. I changed my mind because it is a really old book and it should look old. This front piece and the text were exceptions
.



Here is the chapter for what a young lady should wear.







Then it is time to put your horse to bed!
Thank you for all your comments. So encouraging. Well nightie night and sleep tight as my Mom always said, Louise

As always the images are free for your personal use and enjoyment.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you so much!My daughter has an affinity for horses. She is taking riding lessons right now and will appreciate these images!

Your new blog header is lovely, by the way!

peggy gatto said...

My mom was a horse woman and these are so charming!!

Laura Morrigan said...

What a lovely little book! I love the guide to what to wear, how very strict! As close as possible to black without actually being black! This makes me want to go riding in a Victorian outfit one day.

Becky Mushko said...

Love these images! This horse lover thanks you for posting them.

Rhissanna said...

Oh my! These are wonderful!