Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Book Plates by Jessie Wilcox Smith, A Beloved Children's Book Artist

Hi everyone!
 I think I bought to many flowers! Is that even possible? It is so hard to resist all the plants that are blooming.  Kings Nursery in Santa Rosa is one big mass of blooming roses. I always find something there. A trip to Imwallies resulted in even more flowers to plant.
I am so impatient and want the little starts to be all grow up over night.
Today I have some enchanting children's book illustrations by Jessie Wilcox Smith.  They are from the book "At the back of the north wind".  She is one of my favorites.
Enjoy and much love to you all, Louise




3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful illustrations. I've never heard of that book, but I would love to read it! Thanks for sharing!

peggy gatto said...

Enchanting!

marda said...

I love Jessie Wilcox Smith's images. They are just darling. Thanks for sharing them with us.