Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Romantic Era Victorian Ballerina Marie Tagolini - Butterfly Fairy

I do not know what has gotten into me! I have another new post for you!
 Looking through my files for just the right thing and this is it. Ballet!  It is the time of year when so many see The Nutcracker Suite. I remember watching it on TV and falling in love with ballet. It was just so pretty. The pictures today feature the Romantic Era  ballerina, Marie Taglioni (1804-1884). The picture are from Wikimedia Commons.
Enjoy the images and hopefully they will find there way into your many and varied projects.
Much love to all of you, Louise
 Lithograph by Alfred Edward Chalon (1780-1860) of the ballerina Marie Taglioni (1804-1884) costumed as ZoloĆ« 
 Pas-de-Quatre (1845): Carlotta GrisiMarie TaglioniLucile Grahn and Fanny Cerrito
 Marie Taglioni dancing the title role in “La Sylphide”
 English: Marie Taglioni as Flore in Charles Didelot's ballet Zephire et Flore. Hand colored lithograph, circa 1831.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Exquisite, I wil use these for sure, thank you!!!

marda said...

Thanks for the beautiful ballerinas. I have some ballerina scrapbook paper I'll be using for my granddaughter's Christmas card. She's not into ballet herself, but loves watching it.