Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

Free 1800's Fan Clip Art. Plus John Hubbard Rich painting 'The Idle Hour'

Hello and welcome to all of you.
 It is getting warm. Time to bring out the turbo fan to cool things down! As much as I appreciate my electric fan I really love antique hand held fans. They were a fashion accessories.  My great-grandmother's trunk had almost a dozen beautiful fans. All were very elaborate. They were made of feathers, inlaid shell, lace, and carved ivory. Some were hand painted. After more than 100 years the fans were very fragile and I opened them so carefully. The fans were given or passed down to various relatives a long time ago. I cherish my memories of going thru the trunk and finding the treasures inside. 
 John Hubbard Rich (American artist, 1876–1954) The Idle Hour
Below are pictures of fans that you can use in your personal artwork and creations

No comments: