Pages

Friday, September 4, 2020

What would Jane Austen do? Play Hide and Seek or Badminton? Lovely Poupees Epoque Empire Clipart

Good morning and welcome! 
 I stumbled upon a very unusual and interesting book on toys and games. It was written in the French language so it was the pictures that caught my eye. I couldn't wait to share some of the pictures with you. Here are a few of the many engravings and colored plates.Maybe Jane and her sister enjoyed similar ladylike outdoor activities. 
The French dolls are dressed in the Empire style which puts them in Jane Austen's lifetime.  The elaborately dressed poupees are just waiting to make their way into your greeting cards, collages and mixed media art.
Hope you are all well. I am sending much love to each and every one of you.
 Hide and seek.
Badminton? 

1 comment:

Dorthe said...

Thank you so very much , they are lovely,- and I`m just creating a Jane book, using copies of drawings and things, like these . Greetings from Dorthe