Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Sewing for American Girl Dolls Felicity. Painting of 1700's Dresses for Little Girls by Artists Albert Raudnitz & Wilhelm Schutze

As a child I loved dolls and dollhouses. Definitely not a tom boy. As an adult my life was busy and there were practical things to invest in. The few toys I held on to were packed away up in my closet. I was not a doll collector. Buying an old house that needed lots of work, working and just busy living took up my time and resources. Then there were some hard and challenging years. Next thing I know my interest in miniatures and dolls comes back. Maybe it was comforting. For about 5-6 years I enjoyed building a dollhouse and bought some dolls. Somehow I came across the Pleasant Co dolls. I could not resist them. They were a new company at the time, way before it was sold and became American Girl. Samantha and Kirsten were my first dolls. Eventually Felicity arrived. Loved looking at their catalogue. Wanting all the accessories and clothing that was of course more than I wanted to spend. Next I bought patterns to sew them clothes. The years have gone by again and everything went into the top shelf of the closet.  
Looking on Wikipedia Commons for paintings to post on my blog I came across this sweet little girl. How cute this would be on Felicity!  I have pulled out my patterns and have been checking out my fabric stash. I will let you know what happens!
Artist - Albert Raudnitz
Artist - Wilhelm Schutze
Artist - Wilhelm Schutze

No comments: