Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Flowers in my Grandmother's Garden ~ Fuschias Ballerina Flowers Botanical Print~ Victorian Trade Calling Card Scraps 1880's

 Good morning to all of you. Such a happy day today is! Happy for simple reasons. Nothing momentous but because I accomplished overdue chores and my kitty is feeling better. The other reason is remembering my Grandmother's garden. I loved wandering over the acres of orchards, flowers, forest and the giant oak tree. Today I have pictures of fuchsias for you. My grandmother would pick one and take a little section of stem. The stem was pushed thru the top to make little arms. The petals where the skirt and the stamen her legs. So adorable. Hope you enjoy the pictures

Late 1880's Victorian calling card.
From an old seed catalog.

1 comment:

mamafrog said...

Thank you for these lovely flowers!